Sokolowski Weekly Updates (for 6/10/24)

(student of the year ceremony)

What a great spring concert! Again, thank you to all the teachers and Ms. Wivcahr for an amazing show!

A longer blog this week, but I want you to have everything you need to finish the year strong.

This is my penultimate blog post, so I am feeling many emotions, mainly gratitude for my Shark family.❤️🦈

Here are a few announcements to help you start your week and finish strong!

PLTs

Coverages (updated 5/17)

Just a few PLTs this week.

Tuesday – 4th Grade

Wednesday – Teaching and Learning

Field Day

We will need help setting up. If you are able to help out, please let me know and meet me at the community entrance at 7:30. Thanks!

Please read the field day logistics email.

1st email sent by KStew on 5/29 @ 9:50

2nd email (forwarded by Nate) on 6/7 @ 8:47

After lunch, we will enjoy school-wide movie time and popcorn in homerooms!

A parent who works at a movie theatre is donating buckets and popcorn, which we will pass out during the movie.

HERE is a folder of movies you can select from to watch with your class. I recommend downloading them first instead of playing them over the internet.

Please reach out with questions.

End of Year Checklist

Please use this end-of-year checklist to make sure you have completed all the tasks needed to close out the year, including clearing out offices/classrooms and disposing of materials.

Click HERE for the form.

End of Year- Parent Square

Happy almost end of the year! As we approach the last day of school, we wanted to share with our teachers some important information about ParentSquare as it pertains to the end of the school year.

Friday, June 28, is our district’s “archive posts date”What does this mean? On this date, your posts sent to your classes will be archived, and you will no longer be able to post to your classes from this school year. Your permissions will resume when you are associated with active classes for the 2024-25 school year.

Teachers will retain access to posts that they authored. This slide deck pertaining to archiving and end-of-year information is available for teachers to review. If you have any questions about the archiving process, please contact your school’s administration. Communications Director Michael Sullivan and the District’s Digital Literacy coaches are also available for additional support.

Our district and schools will still be able to post to schools, grade levels, and groups all summer long. However, accurate school enrollment and class rosters for next school year will not be available until after rollover occurs in August and schedules are committed on ASPEN. Teachers will be notified by their administration once they are able to access their classes for the 2024-25 school year.

During the summer months, if you have any questions pertaining to ParentSquare, please contact your school administration or CPS Communications Director Michael Sullivan at sullivanm@chelseaschools.com.

Staff Meeting 6/11

We will have our final staff meeting of the year on Tuesday. It will be used to share our strong iReady data and finalize the class grouping process.

Important dates- 

6/10 Field Day

6/11 Staff Meeting

6/14 4th Grade Moving on Ceremony

6/17 Last Day of School- Students and Teachers- Staff Lunch